Please recommend my blog.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Sharktopus & Cheetah Whores

Okay. So I saw Sharktopus. :) Yes. A BIG smile!
sharktopus
I’ve been waiting for SyFy to air this movie ever since I saw the trailer a few months ago, and I gotta say I was not disappointed. This was everything I had hoped for!
That is to say, it fully lived up to my expectations of having lousy acting, bad production, horrible effects and everything else you have learned to live from SyFy.
If you are into the campy horror movies and can watch it all go down with a smile, I fully reccomend this. Wife and I laughed our butts of. This was so much fun.
One thing that really is a much higher standard than the rest of the movie is the soundtrack.
The tone is set early on by the Cheetah Whores, who have the title song out on their brand new album. Check ‘em out, they really rock! :)
EDIT: I have now purchased the album myself, and taken it with me to work and listened to it a few times. I gotta say, this is a great little CD. Good, fun, straight forward rock and roll, borrowing styles from pretty much all the shelves. I find hints of punk, 50's rock, classic rock, surf rock, psychedelic, rockabilly and so many other styles in there. Even a hint of The Beatles is to be found in the beginning of "I Lost Myself".
The songs are well constructed, catchy and well performed, and pretty much every single track managed to get my foot stomping away on the beat and brought out a little smile on my face, making this a very pleasurable day at work.
Coming from Rochester, NY and been in the music business since 2006, these gals (and one guy) really sound like they know what they want and what they are doing.
I wish I could compare this CD to something else that I own - to better describe them - but Cheetah Whores are really a different beast, they found their style, stick to it and do it well. They are completely themselves, yet strangely recognizable.
But what am I talking about? I don't need to describe - Just check out the music player below, crank the volume to 11 and put on your best Party Army Boots - I think you will like these folks.


<a href="http://cheetahwhores.bandcamp.com/album/bang-bang-baby">Bang Bang Baby by Cheetah Whores</a>
Their album hit the street on September 24th, 2010, so this is brand new. Now, be careful listening. It’s highly addictive!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you soooo much!!!! I conquer that the tunes are MOST ROCKING! I know the band and am confidant that they will send you a CD for your kind words alone! send email to cheetahwhores@hotmail.com with address and expect HOO -rah! in the mail... give 3 weeks,. Thanks love. im the Aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:23 PM

    A great mix of styles that I've heard in my 50something years,yet uniquely WHORES!Love the lead and harmony vocals,arrangements fit the lyrics,and the the lap steel adds a quirky touch to the overall feel!
    I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I really appreciate your input. For general clarity, please post your comment in English. :)